Sunday, July 20, 2008

Webquests

So we've been spending quite a lot of time on webquests lately. I can't complain. I really enjoy learning about them. I think they have a very hopeful future in pedagogy and education. Especially in the lower grades. Higher grade students can benefit from them as well, but I think a full online class platform is more beneficial for secondary students. Consider this, if we are trying to prepare these students for college, which is the mission statement of almost every district, and colleges are relying more heavily on electronic classes, shouldn't we be integrating sample platforms into high school so the students are prepared for this? I believe so. Webquests are nice, high school students learn, but it's not enough anymore. Not if we want to fully prepare high school students for what they may face in college.

3 comments:

abrannen said...

Heath, I agree that we've been spending quite a bit of time on webquests! These evaluations are sucking the life out of me! But I also agree that this will prove very useful later on. I haven't started teaching yet, but I am looking forward to using the informatin we've gained from this class. I have to admit that even though we're doing tons of work and my brain is completely fried, I thin I've gained more from this class that I have since I've started my certification. Hopefully you're getting as much out of it as I am!

Angelika

ssmith1373 said...

Heath,
This is a very good idea- to make high school classes in such a way that they prepare students for online classes, etc.
Well said.
Sally

RCobb said...

So glad to hear some one else mention brain fry. I am doing the webquest evaluations but I am wondering if hish school 9 - 12 graders are going to feel like they are being talked down to. Webquests have a middle school and below feel to them.